Sunday, October 7, 2012


Not only is Fight Club one of my all-time favorite movies, it was also a pretty incredible book.  A lot of the effect of the movie was in its use of imagery.  The lighting and coloring of the movie was especially effective in adding to its overall grittiness.  I tried to capture some of the intensity and danger that Brad Pitt's character conveyed throughout the film.  As usual, I figured stark black and white was the best way to go.  I swear that I intend to use color in the very near future.  Just waiting for the right inspiration to come along.

While I did use my Rotring 500 for this, I also branched out and used a new (to me, I purchased them on eBay) set of Koh-I-Noor Rapidographs for the outlining and detail coloring.  I really like these technical pens for the fine lines that you can create, and the thick, dark ink.  I will be doing a more in-depth review of these, and comparing them to the previous drawing pens I have used.  Since this picture required large areas of all black, I again went to my Copic Sketch Marker.  The brush-like tip on these is perfect for filling big areas quickly.

No comments: